Update:
So far the training for the half marathon is coming right along! We're up to 8 miles on our long run this Saturday. My knees have been giving me very little trouble. They get sore every once in awhile but for the most part I'm feeling really good! I've been diligent about stretching them after every run this time around, which is something new. I don't recall ever stretching them out so consistently. I can definitely see the difference.
I can also see the difference in my appetite. Holy COW, I'm hungry ALL THE TIME!!! I need to invest in some more snacks that I can take with me wherever I go so I don't get as hungry as I've been getting.
I love running because I can see and feel the benefits of doing it. Here are just a few things that I've noticed in my own experience:
1. I'm a lot more lean when I'm running than when I'm not.
2. My body feels good, like it's working properly.
3. I'm regular. It definitely helps your digestive system do it's job!
4. I feel confident in various situations.
5. My periods are SO manageable and light. My PMS is not near as bad as when I'm not running. I think it really helps to level all that stuff out.
6. It curbs the emotions I'd rather not have (anger, depression, etc).
7. It increases my motivation level. I feel like I have the drive to get a lot more accomplished if I have been running.
8. It gives me a sense of mental toughness and accomplishment. I like being able to look back and say, "Yeah, I totally ran 7 miles last Saturday! It wasn't easy but I did it!"
It's definitely not a cure-all but I sure do love the way I feel when I'm doing it! I hope to make it a life long thing.

2 Comments:
It sounds fabulous! I have to say I feel like such a blob. I feel so out of shape because I haven't been as active since I've been pregnant and I feel so out of shape because I'm out of breath all of the time (squished diaphragm=squished lungs). That is one thing I am definitely looking forward to when I have the child- being able to get those endorphins from working out!
I used to be able to run 7 miles! I have not been able to get back into running since having Molly and miss it soo bad! I agree with all of your benefits you get from running. Exactly how I felt. Maybe I will get there again...some day.
Post a Comment
<< Home