Success #1!
Ok, so I followed through with my plan. Such a good feeling! I ran 2 miles. The weather was PERFECT for running. I didn't set a time limit for my run, but in the back of my mind I have this expectation that I need to finish in a certain amount of time. I think I kinda need to get away from that until I start REALLY getting back into the habit of running. You know, worry about actually getting out and doing it and then work into speed once I'm back into some sort of shape.
So the run... SO HARD! I started out pretty strong but by the time that I hit 1.5 miles my leg muscles were cramping up and my body was screaming at me to stop. So I slowed down but kept at it and finished the 2 miles. Now that I've cooled down and stretched out I feel really good.
While I was running I was thinking about what my workout schedule should be like. I'm gonna have to take it 1 day at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. I figured out that I'm going to run 4 days a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday but as far as crosstraining, I'll figure that out in a while. I do know that I want to do yoga and weight lifting, I just need to figure out the days and times. I didn't sleep so good last night because I took a pretty long nap yesterday, so no more of that. I've had half of the water I should drink in a day. I had hot chocolate for breakfast.... not so good, but I did have a good lunch.
Tomorrow is going to go like this: I'm going to run 2 miles again. I'm NOT going to set a time limit, I'm going to listen to my body. I'm going to eat a good breakfast, and I'm going to drink enough water!
But for now, I'm going to shower and eat before I go to school and school, by the way, is a whole different story as far as lacking motivation goes.... I'll get into it sometime.
So the run... SO HARD! I started out pretty strong but by the time that I hit 1.5 miles my leg muscles were cramping up and my body was screaming at me to stop. So I slowed down but kept at it and finished the 2 miles. Now that I've cooled down and stretched out I feel really good.
While I was running I was thinking about what my workout schedule should be like. I'm gonna have to take it 1 day at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. I figured out that I'm going to run 4 days a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday but as far as crosstraining, I'll figure that out in a while. I do know that I want to do yoga and weight lifting, I just need to figure out the days and times. I didn't sleep so good last night because I took a pretty long nap yesterday, so no more of that. I've had half of the water I should drink in a day. I had hot chocolate for breakfast.... not so good, but I did have a good lunch.
Tomorrow is going to go like this: I'm going to run 2 miles again. I'm NOT going to set a time limit, I'm going to listen to my body. I'm going to eat a good breakfast, and I'm going to drink enough water!
But for now, I'm going to shower and eat before I go to school and school, by the way, is a whole different story as far as lacking motivation goes.... I'll get into it sometime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home